Political strategist Pauline Njoroge has condemned the violence that disrupted the Linda Mwananchi rallies in Homa Bay, saying the incidents had strengthened the movement’s determination to pursue what she described as a democratic and constitutional Kenya.
Njoroge, who is planning to vie for a political seat in Nairobi County in the 2027 General Election, issued the statement after clashes and disruptions were reported along the Linda Mwananchi campaign trail on Sunday.
Addressing the movement’s presidential candidate, Nairobi Senator Edwin Sifuna, Njoroge acknowledged the difficulties encountered during the political mobilisation tour but urged him to remain focused despite the incidents.
“To our Presidential Candidate, Edwin W. Sifuna, nobody said this journey would be easy, considering the regime in power,” Njoroge said.
She added that the events in Homa Bay had reinforced her belief that the movement enjoyed support among Kenyans, telling Sifuna that “God is with you, and the people are with you.”
Njoroge also singled out Embakasi East MP Babu Owino for praise, thanking him for what she described as his courage in helping the delegation navigate dangerous situations during the unrest.
“Our brother Babu Owino, thank you for your courage. Thank you for helping us manoeuvre our way through great danger, with live bullets, pangas, rungus and a hail of stones directed at us,” she stated.
Her remarks came amid reports of road blockades, stone-throwing, attacks and property destruction during the Linda Mwananchi caravan’s activities in Homa Bay. Journalists covering the events were also reportedly attacked, while police deployed tear gas in some areas to disperse groups of youths.
Njoroge said the incidents would not weaken the movement’s resolve, arguing that the violence had instead strengthened its commitment to political reform.
“To the Linda Mwananchi family, what happened today has only strengthened our resolve to keep fighting for a better Kenya, one founded on democratic ideals, where the Constitution is respected and the rule of law upheld,” she said.
She further accused President William Ruto, Homa Bay Governor Gladys Wanga and Homa Bay Town MP Peter Kaluma, among others, of being responsible for the violence. However, the allegations remain claims by Njoroge and have not been established as fact.
“To Ruto, Gladys Wanga, Kaluma and all those involved in today’s atrocities, what do you stand to gain by killing and maiming Kenyan citizens?” she posed.
Njoroge claimed that lives had been lost and several people hospitalised following the chaos, asking those she accused to explain what they stood to gain from the violence.
The Sunday clashes have intensified political debate over the safety of political gatherings and the right to peaceful assembly as Kenyan politicians and emerging movements position themselves ahead of the 2027 General Election.

